Matt is working late tonight, so I actually watched a few different shows than we normally do, when I stumbled upon a new show that I ABSOLUTELY love - Ugly Betty. I cannot say enough great things about it.
At first, I thought it was a movie. (That's how out of television I am). But I was excited to discover that it is a show on ABC. I loved the story - awkward, smart, very unfashionable girl finds herself as a personal assistant to a chief fashion editor at a top magazine. She is ridiculed in every way, but of course, as anyone can guess, she ends up saving the day in the end. Certainly not a new plot, which is fine for me because I love it. Everyone likes to see the underdog come out on top. Betty is so sweet, so vulnerable, while at the same time she is smart and savvy. She is what many people want to be - successful, despite our misgivings.
I liked it so much I might actually become a dedicated viewer, which is saying a lot since the last show I watched religiously was West Wing, the 3th season. Can you blame me? Nothing good is ever on and I just can't get myself into reality shows.
At first, I thought it was a movie. (That's how out of television I am). But I was excited to discover that it is a show on ABC. I loved the story - awkward, smart, very unfashionable girl finds herself as a personal assistant to a chief fashion editor at a top magazine. She is ridiculed in every way, but of course, as anyone can guess, she ends up saving the day in the end. Certainly not a new plot, which is fine for me because I love it. Everyone likes to see the underdog come out on top. Betty is so sweet, so vulnerable, while at the same time she is smart and savvy. She is what many people want to be - successful, despite our misgivings.
I liked it so much I might actually become a dedicated viewer, which is saying a lot since the last show I watched religiously was West Wing, the 3th season. Can you blame me? Nothing good is ever on and I just can't get myself into reality shows.
No comments:
Post a Comment