So yesterday was my first day alone with the three girls. It wasn't perfect, but wasn't a disaster either. So that's good, right?
It didn't start out that well - when she woke up for a feeding at 2:20am, Leah didn't want to go back to sleep. It wasn't until 4:45am that she finally went back to sleep for good. I spent that time going back and forth to her room to replace her binkie and rock her.
The morning went all right, even though the playdate I had planned to entertain Annie and Ellie got cancelled. Fortunately, Ellie and Annie ended up playing well together. I even had time to get a shower in. Yea for me!
Leah ended up taking a really long nap in the afternoon which was perfect because that made it possible for me to take Ellie and Annie outside to play in the snow with our neighbor. Am I supermom or what?
And I was able to have dinner ready right when Matt came home. Success! We had family home evening and got the girls to bed. Then I decided to run to the grocery store to avoid going with the girls in tow tomorrow.
Unfortunately, I came back from the store in a terrible state. The whole afternoon, I had been fighting off a headache. By the time I got home, the headache had become unbearable. My stomach was hurting too, which I interpreted as hunger. So I quickly ate a bowl of cereal. Within five minutes though, I was completely overcome with nausea and lost the cereal and my dinner in the toilet. To make matters worse, my headache persisted with an apparent rage. Matt finally sent me to bed in my misery.
Thankfully, all I needed was a good night sleep, because I woke up this morning without the terrible headache.
So even though the day was bookended with not so great experiences, the actual day without Matt at home went fine. But I'm really grateful that Matt's parents are coming Wednesday afternoon!
2 comments:
Take it easy, my dear. After my third girl and having a 4 year old and 2 year old at home -- even with Garry and my Mom helping -- I broke out into hives. It's not for the faint hearted.
Good luck with everything! How fun that Lynn and Marian are coming out, one of these days we'll have to get them to come see us when they're all the way out here. For that matter, maybe we should see you sometime, too! :)
Post a Comment