I don't know if there is even a good excuse as to why I have become a very poor blogger. I suppose I am just too busy. Actually, I know that is a big part of it. Also, Ellie has fallen in love with the Disney Princess website and it's hard to wrangle her from the computer while the other girls are napping. And Matt has been really busy with work stuff, some of which has involved my assistance in the evenings.
Still, you would think I could get myself to blog. Yet, every time I sit down at the computer I have so much to do as far as email and budget stuff (that's all I do on my computer, really) that I feel guilty spending any additional time when I should be with my girls.
So there you go. That's why I have been MIA.
But I want to be better about this. Mostly because I also feel my blog is a record or journal of the goings on in my life. I have even played with the idea of using to make a journal book. But it won't make such a great book, if I am inconsistent in my entries. So I will try to be better.
August has seemed to go by pretty fast for us. I signed Ellie and Annie up for the reading program at the library which resulted in them earning a coupon book full discounts and freebies at local stores and restaurants. They've really liked the free ice cream, donuts, and reading lights. It's been nice to have something to do.
We've also been lucky to have friends with pools in their communities invite us over. That has made the summer more bareable. Ellie and Annie also took two weeks of swimming lessons. Ellie, particularly, did a really great job and is getting closer and closer to swimming independently.
Leah has become the master of the army crawl. A couple of times, she has lifted herself onto her hands and knees. But mostly she just drags herself along with her arms, knees and feet. Tonight, she wanted to follow her sisters upstairs and managed to pull her upper body onto the first step. We are going to have a stair climber in no time. I can't wait for her to get even more mobile. She's getting heavy and I don't like carrying her everywhere.
Yesterday was Matt's birthday. We celebrated by going to a pool nearby. It was a lot of fun. We also went out as a family for dinner on Friday and then as a couple on Saturday (although Leah came on Saturday too). And finally, I made a cake today - a fish cake no less. So he got his cake and ate it too.
I love Matt so much. He really is the best person I know. He does so much to make our family work. I admire his sacrifice and service. I am a very, very fortunate person to have him in my life.
Finally, we head for the Outerbanks this Friday and I cannot wait. Ellie has been anxiously counting down the days as well. I just hope we can fit everything that we want to take in our tiny car. It's going to be a struggle. Still a week at a big beach house with friends, who could ask for anything more?
1 comment:
Did you get Matt a pony for his birthday?
Post a Comment