Thursday, July 23, 2009

Grandparents Visit

My parents came to visit us the week after the 4th of July and that partially explains my complete lack of posts. We have had so much fun, but as I take the time to check out the pictures on my camera, I've realized that we haven't taken all that many pictures, which is a shame. But let me tell you, memories were made.

Both Ellie and Annie have loved having Grandma and Grandpa around. Ellie took to both Grandma and Grandpa right away. I thought it would take some time for Annie to warm up, but she was snuggling with Grandpa within 15 minutes of first seeing him. That is so Annie, though. She loves a warmbody who is willing to hold her and read to her.

We didn't do anything too spectacular. In fact, I guess it would seem boring to some folks, but the girls had the time of their lives. Some of their favorite things they did with Grandma and Grandpa included - playing frisbee in the backyard, playing Pooh sticks by the river near our house, playing all sorts of games like bingo and dominoes, watching Corduroy the Bear, helping Grandma sew the blanket she is working on, dancing, playing the piano and all around spending time with Grandma and Grandpa.

It was really neat for Ellie too because this time I think she'll really remember Grandma and Grandpa too. The last time we saw them was over a year ago and she wasn't quite 2 and a half. Now she's 3 and a half and she has a better memory. And lucky for us, since we are having a new baby in January, both sets of grandparents will come out, so she'll see them again really soon.

Again, I wish I had taken more pictures and I admit to being lazy, we did take some pictures but we haven't downloaded them from the camera. So just know that the grandparent visit was a wonderful event enjoyed by all, especially by me because with so many adults around I got a little break as well. Yea!

No comments: