Thursday, July 02, 2009
Seeing Blue or Pink
So I had an ultrasound earlier this week to do some genetic testing on our baby. Everything, DNA wise looks great. Of course, what I was most interested in was if could we tell whether we are having a boy or a girl. But since I am only slightly over 12 weeks, I figured we wouldn't be able to tell. But of course, I asked. The technician said she had a guess, but wasn't quite sure. Since Matt wasn't there, and I didn't think he would appreciate me finding out without him and since she said she only had a guess, I didn't ask her to tell me her guess. But I will say this, I watched really, really carefully the whole time looking for anything that would suggest that we were having a boy and I didn't see anything. Of course, I've only seen little girl babies in ultrasounds and I'm not trained in this kind of thing. But still, I'm just saying, if there's a boy in there, it wasn't apparent to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Genetic testing via ultrasound? How does that work? Wouldn't they need a DNA sample for genetic testing?
Also... why genetic testing? Please don't tell me we're that old! I've got to get a move on!
It's some genetic disorder testing - basically looking for if the baby has downs syndrome, among other things. New doctor - it's something they have everyone do, including me even though there's no reason to believe we're going to have a problem. And they did take some blood to test too.
It's some genetic disorder testing - basically looking for if the baby has downs syndrome, among other things. New doctor - it's something they have everyone do, including me even though there's no reason to believe we're going to have a problem. And they did take some blood to test too.
http://www.intelligender.com/?gclid=COTv-7vKuZsCFRYiagodOlSxBQ
I saw this on cnn.com the other day. I was about to have my ultrasound or I would have considered buying it. CNN says it is actually pretty accurate. Maybe something to look into if you really want to know. :)
You need a pregnancy ticker!
Post a Comment