Monday, July 26, 2010

Camacho Family Reunion

We had such a wonderful time with my family's reunion. It was held in Logan canyon at my sister-in-law's family property. There was a little mountain cottage with a full kitchen and bathroom. No one actually slept in the cottage, instead we camped outside in tents. Since we couldn't haul our camping gear from Virginia, our family stayed in a camper that the family rented in order to add an additional bathroom.

We started on Thursday night. We convinced our cousin, Lon, to come up from Perry to say Hi. It was so great to visit with him briefly. His family was out of town, but we caught up with his wife, GayLynn, and their three boys after the reunion.

Here's my brother, John, Lon, my sister, Lissa, and my brother Steve.
Lissa with Matt and the girls.
My sister-in-law, Joni and her little Eri. Matt and I stayed up late most nights and chatted with Steve and Joni and really enjoyed visiting over the campfire sharing smore's.
My parents with my nephew, Chase and niece, Bryanna.
Matt and I at the campfire.
Ellie and Annie uniformly proclaimed that their favorite part of the entire vacation (the reunion specifically) was swinging on swings. Poor Matt, he pushed those girls so many times - they only wanted him to do it - he may have actually pushed more times that weekend than I have in their lifetimes.

Even Leah got into the swinging fun.
My mom and Annie. We took family pictures but I haven't seen them yet. I can't wait!
We enjoyed lots of family meals.
And there was a sandbox, so my kids were in heaven. My brother, Steve, also brought up a water table he made. It was so fun. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the kids playing in it. But they definitely spent a great deal of time with it.
And the Logan river ran right along the property. It was really pretty to look at.
Friday night we did a slide show that my sister, Emily, put together. It was so nice! She did such a great job.

Ellie and Annie were SO EXCITED when their pictures came up. They jumped up from their seats and hopped up and down pointing at themselves. It was so cute!
Then we gave my parents a picture book for their 40th Anniversary. My sister, Lissa, took the reins on this and did a fantastic job. They loved it!
The days were spent swinging, playing with the sandbox and water table. Playing ball. Check out this hit by Ellie.
We went on a quick hike on Saturday up to the 3rd dam of Logan river.
Here's my baby brother, John, and his wife, Joslyn, with some of the grandkids.
Probably my favorite memory of the reunion happened when John lead a football game with all of the grandkids. He was really the fun provider. Anyway, Ellie just LOVED playing football with her cousins. John put her on offense full time and she was so anxious to get the ball. After every play she came running up to me with the biggest grin "I almost got the ball, Mom!" And sometimes she actually DID get the ball. It was so cute. But the best part was when my brother, Steve, came up from behind John with no warning and sacked him. It was pretty hilarious!
My niece, Bryanna, fell in love with Leah and wouldn't leave her alone all Sunday. It was pretty cute.
All the kids posed with my sister, Lissa. I think the silly picture turned out the best, so that's the one I'm posting.
Here's Lissa with just my girls. She let Ellie and Annie have a sleepover in her tent one night. They absolutely LOVED sleeping with Aunt Lissa. She is such a thoughtful aunt.
It was such a great time. I can't wait for the next one. We decided to hold the next family reunion in four years and yours truly volunteered to spearhead it. Yea!

1 comment:

Joni said...

I'm so glad you put more pics up of Leah. Eri loves looking at pictures of her and saying, "Baby Leah!" Now she has a few more to look at. Cute!