Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Provo Days

We spent the first and last days of our trip in Provo with Matt's parents. I've said it before but I will say it again. I really like the fact that Matt's parents live in Provo. In many ways it feels like going home to me, since I'm a BYU alum. So not only do I get to see my in-laws, but I get to walk around campus and see many places that provide many happy memories for me.

Every morning I took a walk around their neighborhood and often walked down to the edge of campus. The crisp mountain air was great. We started our first day off right - indoctrinating the girls about BYU. We started, wisely, at the BYU Creamery on 9th. They loved the ice cream. Then we headed to the BYU Bookstore. Sadly their selection of BYU jackets for toddlers was severely limited!
The other days in Provo were spent mostly hanging out with either family or friends from Provo (thanks to all who came to our open house!) We hung out a lot with Matt's brother, Dirk, and his family. Though sadly I am realizing I don't have any pictures of them, despite the fact that they came over a few different times.
Ellie and Annie loved playing with all of the toys at Grandma and Grandpa's house - they were found many times in one room or another playing with toys. They also did some from arts and crafts and watched a few Disney movies in the media room. They also LOVED swimming in the pool of course.

Liz, Matt's brother's wife, came down from Alaska last minute for a funeral and we were able to spend a day with her and her baby, Maren. While we were sad for her reason to come, we were thrilled to see her and to meet Maren.
Here's Leah with her cousin, Maren
Here's Liz with Maren.
One morning the girls picked cherries from the tree in the yard. Annie wasn't too interested in it and quickly bailed when I got home from my walk. Ellie, on the other hand, loved it! She picked a ton of cherries and showed no fear climbing the 9 foot tall ladder to reach them.
Here's some cute pictures of Leah at their house.
Many a baby has taken a bath in this big sink. Leah now joins the club.
And we also made a trip to see Matt's grandma, Grandma Holmes. Between the two of us, she is the only living grandparent we have so seeing her was a top priority for us. Ellie and Annie really loved talking to her and Leah was all smiles for her. I think she was especially taken with Leah. She is quite a charming baby.

No comments: