July 1st was a fairly momentous day.
First, we made the final payment on our last private loan for Matt's law school. We still have the federal loans, they have an incredibly low interest rate so they will be with us for the long haul. But it sure feels good to have all of the higher interest private loans out of a way. Yea for reaching big financial goals!!!
Second, I have officially lost all of the weight I put on while pregnant with Leah. I gained a shocking 55 lbs, but it is all gone. Thank goodness! Not bad for six months out. I really want to pat myself on the back about this one. I have been really dedicated to getting up super early to go to the gym 4 times a week, plus walking many nights, and have been very diligent in eating smaller portions, etc. I still want to lose another 10 lbs, so my exercise and eating efforts remain the same. But it feels good to be able to put my old clothes on and to know that I don't have to be heavy for the rest of my life.
We leave Monday for a trip to Utah to attend a family reunion for my family and to visit Matt's parents and family members. It's going to be a great trip and I'm really excited about it. I'm trying not to freak out about the overwhelming logistics of it all. Traveling with three kids takes a lot of planning. I'm just incredibly grateful that Matt is coming with us. Originally, he was going to miss the trip. But having another able-bodied adult has made it seem a little more achievable. Thankfully, we have non-stop flights. So we just need to get on the plane and get off.
That's it for now. Utah, here we come!
2 comments:
Have a great time!! Love how everything comes together :)
Congrats on losing all the weight! That's a fantastic achievement!!
Post a Comment