Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Sea Kayaking

The highlight of our OBX trip for me was sea kayaking for the first time in my life. Matt and I went together Tuesday morning. Because of the impending storm, the waves were stronger and more high than usual. We wiped out on our first two attempts out. As got ready for our third try, I joked that it was good thing that we have our will signed and ready to go, (we were even vacationing with our back up executor).

But the third time was a charm, because after making it through several huge waves, we got past the breakers and enjoyed the view. It was amazing. Reportedly Ellie was looking for us after a few big waves. She asked the other parent watching her "Did my mom and dad survive?" "Yes," came the answer. "Good." was her reply.

I'm so glad we did it. But I tell you, it was so hard and exhausting and mildly frightening that I don't think I want to do it again anytime soon. But hey, I'm 32, a mother of three and a sea-kayaker. Not bad. Check that off the bucket list.
No Leah, did not come with us, but she did make the picture.

No comments: