Friday, September 17, 2010

Apple and Blackberry Picking

The Saturday that we got back from the beach, we ended up going apple picking. It kind of reminded me of living in Boston where apple picking is a big deal. We went to a farm about an hour and half away that was really bare bones. Only gala apples were ripe so that's what we got. We also picked blackberries. The girls really got into the picking.

Ellie liked climbing the trees for apples. She especially like eating the fruits of her labor.



Annie was our champion blackberry picker. She was really intent and determined.
How cute is Leah?
Matt decided to use our blackberries to make a blackberry. He found a recipe with his favorite iPhone. And viola! It was reportedly absolutely wonderful. (I wouldn't know, I don't like blackberries, so I didn't have any). But Ellie said it was the best dessert ever, even better than strawberry and that's saying something because she LOVES strawberries.

And the pie.

No comments: