The end of the world happens about 6-8 times a day in the Astle household. And as you might imagine it is full of sobbing and wailing and nashing of gums. Yes, the end of the world is synonymous with the end of the bottle. It doesn't matter how much formula she's had or how long it's been since the last bottle, Ellie screams like crazy when the she has finished her bottle.
We go through the same routine every time. She finishes the bottle. There's the lag time from when I remove the bottle from her mouth and she realizes that it's gone and then - THE END OF THE WORLD!!!! I don't know if it's her insatiable desire to suck or her desperate need to burp. But she screams as I pat her on the back, eventually lets out a massive belch, I give her her binkie and peace is restored - Dr. Jekyll returns with solemnity.
Each time I hum in my mind the line from the not-so-old song of my youth "It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine."
2 comments:
Do-dadada-nananana LEONARD BERNSTEIN! That's about all I know. I think it's good you're exposing Ellie to R.E.M. hits at such a young age. Although until now she's chosen to fashion her hairstyle after Michael Stipe, I'm sure she'll grow out of it ;)
Yes! R.E.M. boosts brain-power, I'm sure of it. :)
Jenny Wempen
Post a Comment