I bought Ellie a swing a few weeks ago in the hopes that she would nap in it, since her naps are rare and short. Well, she doesn't nap in it at all, but she seems somewhat contented sitting in it and watching me work in the kitchen. I put her in the swing and she swings back and forth and watches me wash dishes and make dinner, etc.
The swing like so many other baby things plays the melodies from various different children's songs. As you might guess, the songs included are favorites such as Row, row, row, your boat, Rockabye Baby, and Home on the Range. But it is the inclusion of one song that has me puzzled. The swing also plays Love me Tender. Now I don't have anything wrong with Love me Tender, I just think it is out of place with all of the other standard children's songs. Why doesn't the swing also include other 60s love ballads, like Michelle, my Belle or Surfer Girl (Matt's suggestion)? Yet, it doesn't and I guess that's fine. But it's still rather odd to hear Love me Tender in the same grouping as Where is Thumpkin? (my personal favorite) and Lullaby. And that's what I think about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment