Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Will you be my Valentine?

I always liked Valentine's Day even though I never had a Valentine before 2003. In fact, Matt has been my only Valentine. We had a nice Valentine's day yesterday.

Actually when I woke up yesterday morning I completely forgot that it was Valentine's Day. I'm sure it's mostly because of the unexpected weekend we had (see previous post). Anyway, it wasn't until I was watching TV while working out that I was reminded that it was indeed the DAY.* Oops, I thought, "I haven't planned anything for Matt."

Even though I had all day, there really wasn't much to our celebration. I guess that's just the way we wanted it though. We ate a lovely meal with the lights dimmed. The menu - monte cristos (a fabulous sandwich - French toast meats ham and turkey sub) and a salad. For dessert, Martinelli's sparkling cider and Matt's favorite - chocolate fondue with plenty of strawberries for dipping.** I also made those fabulous peanut butter cookies with the Hershey kisses on top.

All in all, a lovely day. Hope yours was good too.

*Matt had not forgotten it, cause when I went to take a shower after working out, I found that he had written me a love note on our mirror (literally on the mirror). :)

**Matt knows that this selection demonstrates my true love for him. Not only do I not like strawberries, I still kiss him after he has eaten a whole bunch of them.

2 comments:

melbo said...

After Matt mentioned last week how much you DO NOT LIKE strawberries, I see how that dessert was 100% pure love!
Now, is it true you've never actually eaten them?? ;)

Shelly said...

no, it's not true. I did as a little girl, though I admit it has been a long time. I just don't like them. Matt doesn't seem to believe that it is possible. I don't know why it bothers him - all it means is that he gets to eat ALL of the strawberries by himself. If only Matt didn't like chocolate...