Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Shower Power

Something wonderful has happened to my shower and I feel I must share it with everyone. As I preface, I must first explain that before this month, I took little pleasure in showering. I guess I always figured it was just something that one needs to do in order to maintain acceptable personal hygiene. But now my view has been radically changed - thanks to two changes to my bathroom. These changes while they may seem minor have dramatically improved my shower experience.

Change 1 - we bought a new shower head. I admit I have always be wary of these fangled shower heads with the revolving heads with multiple settings ranging from a showering mist to pulsing massage. Surely this is a waste of money, I would say in my utilitarian mind, how could it really be that great? But truly it is that great. Our showerhead before was a standard one that pounded the water hard on me. It didn't bother me too much until after Ellie's delivery when my body ached everywhere and taking a shower only seemed to increase the pain I was feeling throughout my body. I told Matt I wanted a new showerhead for Christmas and he delivered. Now, I can enjoy the showering mist and increase it to a pulsing massage if I want to. It's fantastic.

Change 2 - this is even more minor, but has also improved my shower experience. We got rid of our old shower curtain and bought a clear one. This coupled with our fabric shower curtain which is of the sheer variety allows much more light into the shower. Now I can see much better in the shower and just enjoy the warm mist coming from my new showerhead.

It's amazing what a quick trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond and $40 can do to make life that much better.

1 comment:

Matt Astle said...

All true, but Shelly seems to leave the shower head on the most "normal" setting it has. Neither mist nor massage for her--just a nice steady (not too harsh) flow. Me, I like the massage.