- Sleep in as late as you want, or get up as early as you want
- don't change a single diaper or feed a single bottle if you don't want to
- eat whatever you choose for all 3 meals
- spend as much time with The Sweetie (that's one of our names for Ellie) as you want or as little as you want
- don't clean. don't run errands. don't cook.
"It's your 24 perfect hours - exactly what you want."
What a wonderful gift! Since Monday was a holiday and Matt had the day off, that is when we decided the 24 hours would count. And it was fabulous. Sunday night I had a relaxing massage. Then even though it was my night to feed Ellie if she woke up at 4am (we alternate), Matt did instead so I could sleep.
I had a bad-for-me donut for breakfast*, a yummy grilled cheese sandwich for lunch and my favorite - a little bacon cheeseburger from Five Guys** for dinner. To top it off - triple chocolate Ghirardelli brownies. (We discovered these from some friends we knew in Cambridge. They (the brownies) are to die for good.
As for any major happenings - well, we didn't do much of anything. And that was exactly what I wanted. I lounged around, skipped my workout, figured out a whole lot of SuDoKu puzzles and just relaxed.
It was the perfect present from a perfect husband.
* The only way it could have been better is if it was a Krispy Kreme donut, but I didn't want to wait for Matt to drive the 15 minutes to and from to get it and asked for a donut from the closest grocery store, which was fine but certainly not as good as a chocolate iced glazed donut.
** To those of you who have the misfortune of not living in DC, Five Guys makes the best burger anywhere. In-N-Out's got nothing on Five Guys. The only burger I like just as well is the Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carl's Jr. but for completely different reasons (they add two huge onion rings - YUMMY!) Sadly, no Carl's Jr in DC....
1 comment:
What a day, it DOES sound perfect! Sorry I missed it-Happy Belated!! I'm glad to hear you were so properly pampered!
Post a Comment