I got the best gift from Matt for my birthday last month - the newest CD by Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband entitled Dream Big. I really enjoy this band. We have their other CD Simplify and listen to it all the time. Dream Big is kind of their "coming-out" CD. They are a local Utah band that I think is starting to make some inroads nationwide, signing a record label and everything. Their music is great - upbeat, catchy, at times thought-provoking, sometimes silly, always entertaining. What I appreciate most about their music is that it contains no offensive language and maintains a feel-good sound without being too goody-two-shoes-like. The style is sort of bluegrass, sort of country, sort of rock. They incorporate instruments not usually included in mainstream bands like the banjo, mandolin, and fiddle. They are one of the few bands that I enjoy each song on their CD. I can only say that for a handful of other performers. So next time you want to listen to a new sound check out Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband. They're great. Here's their website: http://www.shupe.net
Apparently the single Banjo Boy is hitting country music stations around the nation. So tune in.
No comments:
Post a Comment