I'm in a weight slump. When I got pregnant with my dear sweet baby Ellie I was about 15 lbs heavier than I would like to be. While pregnant, I put on an extra 35 lbs. Leaving me a grand total of 50 lbs to lose afterwards. (An amazing amount of weight to lose - I know) Luckily, lots came off by delivering Ellie and losing all of the water I was retaining. I have been working out lots and keeping myself very active. Now I am 5 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight and 20 lbs away from my ideal weight. And I have been at this weight for at least three weeks.
I've hit one of those infamous plateaus of the weight-losing world. You know what they're like. It's one of those times when it doesn't seem to matter how much you workout or how much overwhelmingly tempting food you deny yourself - each day when you step on your scale, it says the same thing. And worse, if you cheat, either by skipping workouts or indulging in a delectable edible - again, the scale is the same. Meaning that it doesn't matter either way, you're going NO WHERE. You're stuck at 20 lbs away from your goal and you will never get there.
So my question to you is - how do you motivate yourself to get out of the slump? How do you get yourself past the plateau and to your eventual goal? I admit, my resolve has weakened. Things were crazy busy last week with plumbers and painters in my house for three full days (a story that is worthy of a completely different post) and my routine slackened and shamefully I haven't picked it up again. And I just love chocolate, what can I say? I know I need to renew my efforts, redouble them even. But since my weight scale is still the same as it was even when I was working my butt off, I just can't motivate myself.
So, please tell me, how do you get yourself to start again?
1 comment:
I think about you.
Post a Comment