I have reached yet another milestone in my life - my high school ten-year reunion. I have mixed feelings about this milestone. I can't believe it's been that long and yet it seems like graduation from high school was eons ago. Anyway, I figured that it would be pretty impossible for the reunion committee to find me for the following three reasons.
1) I am married now and do not go by my maiden name
2) My parents have moved away from the house and city I lived in while in high school
3) I have kept up with* and could actually contact four of my classmates.
In fact, I had contacted one of the four people mentioned in #3 last fall to see if she had the low down on the reunion and she - like me - was subject to the same three problems. And seeing as how she was actually in student council all through high school and didn't seem to have info, I was sure my identity was lost to powers that be who are in charge of organizing the reunion.
But find me, they did. I received my invitation to the reunion in the mail two days ago - quite a surprise. It was even addressed to me with my maiden and married name. I don't know how they did it, but they found me. As much as I would really want to go, I'm not sure I can justify the expensive cost of flying back to Arizona just for a reunion. I'm wavering, but I think I will more than likely miss it, which is sad to me because I am the kind of person who would like to attend my high school reunion.** But it probably won't happen. Oh well. Kudos though to the committee for finding me. I'm quite impressed.
* Even "kept up with" is loosely true - I know vaguely where they are and what they are doing
** Heck, I like attending other people's reunions too. We were randomly in Utah when Matt had his and so we went and I had a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment