Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Anonymous Lawyer



One of our good friends from law school is Jeremy Blachman. We met him through the Harvard Law School a capella group, the Scales of Justice. Jeremy and Matt were members of the group throughout all three years and I was in it for a year and a half. During the school year, we met twice a week for two hours, so we got to know our fellow Scales pretty well. And I'm so glad that Jeremy was one of them. He is probably one of the most quick-witted and clever people I know. He wrote an original song each semester that always had everyone laughing in the aisles. He also wrote for the law school paper, and there wasn't a single issue that I didn't skip straight to his article knowing that there was a good laugh in store. Even now, I check his blog daily just to get a good chuckle.

All of this is to say - my friend Jeremy is a funny guy. So of course, I am excited because he has just written his first book and I can't wait to read it. It's called Anonymous Lawyer and it came out yesterday. It's a fictional satire about a partner in a big LA law firm who makes everyone's life miserable. And interestingly it is all read through the partner's blog entries. I have only read good things about this one and I can't wait to read it myself. When I do, I will post a review. In the meantime, I hope you get it too. I can guarantee you'll laugh a lot - Jeremy never disappoints.

No comments: