I really love DC. I do. There is no other place I would rather live. (Take that! all you Utah lovers out there!) I have nothing against Utah. I like it very much. I just like where I'm living and I don't have the overwhelming desire to live in Utah - which is an extremely popular (almost disease-like) condition found in many folks I know in the Alexandria area.
No folks, I do not want to move. I love DC. But if I were to move, it would be to southern California. I mostly feel this way right now at the beginning of March as the winter is coming to a close. I have to admit it, I have had enough of the cold weather this year. Even though this has been a fairly light winter and certainly nothing compared to the frigid ones we endured in Cambridge, Mass. But I tell you, I'm done. I've had it. I don't want it to snow again this year. I don't want to shovel. I don't want to have to put on my winter coat.
I want to take Ellie on long walks. I want to take her to play in the park. I want to bask in the warm sunshine. I want the sun to warm everything around me. Perpetual spring and summer appeal to me. Maybe I just never got rid of my Arizona blood even though its been more than ten years since I've lived there. Mind you I don't want to live in Arizona (sorry AZ fans out there) It's just too hot for my taste. This is why California is seeming more and more appealing to me.
I'm sure it will never happen. It would be almost impossible for me to give up DC. I love it here so much. But I tell you right now, it is true - California is looking nicer and nicer all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment