Friday, March 16, 2007

Odds and Ends

Update:

Got to the gym this morning despite the cold rain. I've successfully kept to my goal of getting the gym at least 4X each week since I started back at the beginning of the year. I'm really proud of this - it is very satisfying to accomplish my goals.

So far I'm in second place in my ESPN NCAA basketball tournament pool - trailing only behind the organizer. Matt is significantly behind. Despite my current three poor picks (BYU!! Why did you let me down???), I can only be pleased.

Ellie is headed to the Dr today. She's had a slight fever starting yesterday evening until now and in general has had a runny nose and a cough for a few weeks, so we're just going to make sure everything is ok.

I hosted my bookclub yesterday. It was really fun - I even managed to keep a green theme going for St. Patricks day - the menu included green deviled eggs, green humus with bread, green guacamole chips with salsa verde, green M&Ms, green sprite and a green grasshopper pie for dessert. It was fun to do. Who knew that food coloring could be so useful?

I've taken to letting Ellie walk a lot of the places we go. It's so much fun. There's something incredible about the feeling of a little hand grasping your finger. It's one of the best feelings out there.

No comments: