I had a great mother's day. It all started with having my favorite breakfast (waffles and bacon). Then I got to open the presents that Ellie and Annie gave me (a clock radio, which I've been needing a really long time, and a beach kit, complete with sunscreen, beach towel, and sudoku book for our upcoming beach vacation). They were both perfect gifts. And I got really special cards from my parents and sister.
Then we had my favorite meal (ham, cheesy potatoes, rolls, fruit salad) at lunch since church is late this year, it is easier to have dinner for lunch and vice versa sometimes.
And nothing could beat the fact that Annie went to nursery for the first time at church and had no problems adjusting to it. Matt dropped her off and at first she seemed a little bewildered, but she started playing with a toy and he easily snuck out. Yippie! It was so nice to enjoy the rest of church again. Happy Mother's day indeed.
Finally Ellie and Matt made me the chocolate peanut butter cheesecake that I had for my birthday back in February. It was as good as I remembered it, but this time, I'm a little floored by how rich it is. I think it will be a long while before I ask for it again.
All in all it was a great day. I felt so loved and appreciated. Who could ask for anything more?
No comments:
Post a Comment