Well, that might be an overstatement. But this week has been pretty great. It's most fabulous quality has been the incredible weather we've had this week. It's been in the upper 70s to low 80s with blue skies, puffy white clouds, low humidity, cool breezes and zero rain. It's like summer has been completely pushed out a week early. I love it. We have spent so much time outside at multiple parks, playing with lots of friends, and even headed out to the National Zoo this morning. All because the weather has been sensational. I hope it stays like this for a long time.
Plus, Matt has been getting home in time for dinner every day this week and for most of the summer. It's so nice to have him around in the evening. I feel so very spoiled. Things will probably get a little crazier workwise in October and November, so I am trying to bask in this as much as possible because I know, like the weather, it's not going to last.
And Ellie and Annie are growing up. It makes trips to the park so much easier when I don't have to spot them 100% of the time. Sure I'm still helping them on some things - especially when Annie thinks she can do things that she doesn't have the ability to do, like slide down a big long pole from the top of the playground. But still, it's been a good summer for parks because they are a little more self sufficient.
And my sister, Lissa, is coming to visit tomorrow. And Matt gets Labor Day off. And well, my life is brilliant.
1 comment:
How 'bout that BYU game to fit in with your perfect week? :-)
Post a Comment