I decided that I needed to get the flu shot this year. I don't ever remember the last time I got a flu shot. I really have no idea. But with the new baby coming and all the hype on swine flu (not that the shot I got does anything to protect me from that), I decided I should pay the $30 at my local grocery store and get the shot.
At first I was going to go at night while Matt was home with the girls, but then I decided that it would be better to take the girls with me. They are scheduled to have their own flu shots tomorrow, and I thought it would be helpful for them to see me get my flu shot, so they could see that while it may hurt a little, they could be brave and not cry. I feel this will really only be useful for Ellie as Annie is probably a little too young to understand all of this.
So off we went. I got my shot and as Ellie said I was "super brave." I didn't look, but I also didn't cry. While I do think it will help Ellie tomorrow when we go in for her shot, I think it will have a reversal effect as well. I've forgotten that shots really do hurt, even after the initial injection. I admit my arm was tender and normal tasks like lifting were a little painful. So, if anything, getting the shot, will make me a little more sensitive to Ellie and Annie when/if they complain about their shots.
Now I guess we'll have to worry about getting the swine flu shots whenever it is that they become available. Fun, fun, fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment