Friday, September 18, 2009
Poor Ann, the Swimming Wannabe
Ellie started a swim class today. As expected, she loved every minute of it. Annie, however, was sad the whole time. She really, really, really wanted to be swimming too. While I was helping Ellie into her swimsuit before class, Annie started taking off her shoes. I kept telling her, "Annie's not swimming, only Ellie." "Annie stays with Mama." etc. And once Ellie actually got into the water, Annie was just devastated. The poor little thing. Despite my best efforts (I had packed plenty of books, crayons, snacks, etc), she was pretty sad the whole time. Never has 30 minutes seemed to take so long. We even took two laps around the big pool. She just wanted to be right there with Ellie. She kept trying to strip off her clothes, pulling at her pants, lifting up her shirt. It was so sad. I don't know how we're going to make it through the next seven weeks of class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have had that battle so many times! It is never easy. Good luck!
Poor girl! Cami was like that at first but now she is a pro at waiting for long periods during swimming. She always tells us that when she is 4, she will get to swim too. At least she knows the reason she can't swim yet. Maybe Annie will warm up to the idea soon . . . here's hoping!
Post a Comment