We had a great Memorial Day. We started out by going to the breakfast at the church. I walked the 3+ mile distance to the church and Matt was a gem and made the sausage I had promised to bring and got himself and all of the girls there too. We had a great time visiting with friends and eating some yummy food. The girls were thrilled that there were pancakes. I even managed to convince my friend, Lauren, to walk home with me. So by 10:30am, I had walked a 10K. Way to start the holiday!
The rest of the morning we just chilled. Then we met a bunch of friends at our neighborhood park for a BBQ and water games. It was pretty hot, but fortunately there was a breeze and a little bit of shade. All the men played ultimate frisbee, which I would never have considered doing in such heat. But they sure had a great time. Ellie and Annie loved playing in the little baby pool our friends bought and eating watermelon.
All in all, it was a fun and family filled day.
2 comments:
Ha ha, I know you're talking about your Astle girls, but as an Astle girl myself, I can testify that we love pools! :) It looks like you've been having lots of fun. Are we messing up your plans to visit by being out of town? We'll be back by July 20th. It would be fun to see you guys.
How fun to catch up with your blog! Leah is adorable -- matches the other sweeties nicely. You look like you're holding up well!
Post a Comment