Tuesday, April 25, 2006
DANGER!!!
So while I was driving down to the Outer Banks, I couldn't help but notice some funny political signs along the way. I haven't done any further research, but it appears that North Carolina has an election coming up on May 2nd in which the good people of the state will vote on a proposal regarding unified government. Here's what the sign said "Vote No on May 2nd" and it had a big buster sign (you know the circle with the slash through it) over the words "Unified Government". But the best part of the sign is that it had the word DANGER in big, bold letters! It was obvious that the makers of the sign wanted to make sure that everyone knew that it wasn't only their government, but their very well-being that was at stake. I thought it was pretty funny. I mean really, I don't know anything about the proposal but I hardly think it deserves a DANGER sign to put it in the same class as poison or some natural disaster. Is this proposal really an imminent threat? If so, North Carolinians beware! You have officially been warned. And if heaven forbid the proposal passes - be afraid, be very afraid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment