I still have things to say about my recent trip to the Outer Banks. One of the funnier things I saw while down there was a realty agency tucked into a chic little shopping center in Corolla. The shopping center itself is completely driven by tourists. There are souvenir shops, beach shops, a fudgery, specialty stores, etc. Among the mass of tourists stops, however, is a little store that houses a realty agency - no doubt marketing itself to all of the tourists who come down and rent the gigantic multi-million dollar homes and occasionally flirt with the idea of actually buying the vacation home of their dreams.*
Anyway, on the front of the store there was a big sign announcing that this agency was open 24 hours a day. Now, I ask you, who needs a realtor at 3am? I mean, do they do a lot business after normal business hours? I imagine they may get some extra business in the early evenings, you know, after the prime beach hours have gone by. What a great time to check out a new place. But really, is someone knocking on their door at anytime between 9pm and 7am? Maybe they're banking on the idea that people make impulse purchases in the wee hours of the morning when their reason and common sense have taken flight. Maybe they get some of their best business at this time. What do I know? But I'll tell you this, the last thing that I need at 2am is a realtor (unless said realtor wants to feed my crying baby and put her back to sleep). I'm just saying....
*Let it be known that in my dream world where I am outrageously rich and want to buy a vacation home, mine would probably be here in the Outer Banks. But I doubt that would get the urge to start my search in the wee hours of the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment