Road trip to North Carolina
1. Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band, Simplify
I have posted about this band before. They are great! This is the first of their CDs that I was introduced to and it is great for a road trip. I especially like Banjo Boy, Snow, and 1,000X
2. U2, All That You Can't Leave Behind
By far the best U2 CD in my humble opinion. I was lucky enough to get into their concert for this CD and it was an amazing show. I never go on a roadtrip without it. Personal favorites include Walk On, Beautiful Day, Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of, and Elevation.
3. Evan and Jaron, Evan and Jaron
A fresh twin duo who have a great CD. They broke out with one of the songs on the CD Crazy For This Girl and From My Head To My Heart, both songs I enjoy. I also love The Distance and On The Bus.
4. Journey, Greatest Hits
I love Journey. This CD rivals the previously mentioned U2 CD as a personal favorite. I love the song Lights so much that I have played it over and over and sadly discovered on this trip that it skips a little during the song - no doubt due to my complete obsession with it. So hard to pick favorites but here goes: Don't Stop Believin', Faithfully, Any Way You Want It, Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) and Open Arms
5. Harry Connick Jr. We Are In Love
Again, the first of his CDs that I was introduced to. The band at my high school played the song Drifting during marching season the year before my freshman year. It is a beautiful song, the band actually played it with hand bells (simply lovely). Another fabulous tune on the CD is Heavenly. The a capella group Matt and I were in at Harvard Law School, the Scales of Justice, sang it last year and I was the lucky one who did the solo. It's a peppy, happy, love song. Other favorites include the title song, Recipe for Love and Forever, For Now
And now for the trip back to Virginia
1. Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband, Dream Big
What can I say? I love these guys. Favorites include Superman and the title song.
2. Eagles, Hell Freezes Over
Not too thrilled about the title but the CD is excellent. Another consistent road trip choice with favorites like Wasted Time, New York Minute and Desperado
3. Billy Joel, The Complete Hits Collection
This is actually a 4 CD set, which I did not listen to completely. Instead I picked my favorite hits. You can never go wrong with Billy Joel - I love so many of his songs. It really is impossible to list favorites. He is a consummate performer.
4. Collin Raye, Direct Hits
Yet another great CD. This and the next selection highlights my interest in country music. Favorites include In This Life, Love Me, Not That Different, and If I Were You.
5. Dixie Chicks, Wide Open Spaces
Sometimes a girl just has to listen to the Dixie Chicks. This is their best CD, I think at least. Favorites - There's Your Trouble, Am I The Only One, and Tonight The Heartache's On Me.
So there you go, probably too much information, but there's the complete list of my OBX soundtrack. If you don't have these CDs, you're missing out!
1 comment:
Thats a nice eclectic collection :). I absolutely love it.
Post a Comment