It all happened so innocently. I was at a local retail store picking up a few household items with my baby Ellie. My back had been hurting that day, so I didn't want to bend down very much. So I put all of the items I was buying on the stroller tray and in the stroller with Ellie. But I ran out of room towards the end so I ended up putting one small, inexpensive item in my jacket pocket. I checked out prices of a few more things and finally decided to wrap my shopping.
As I got home, I realized that I forgot to pull out the $3 deoderant I had put in my pocket when I paid for everything else. Yes, it's true I'm a criminal. I shoplifted. I walked away from the store without paying and crazy enough the store's sensors didn't go off when I made my way out. (I have no idea why)
But, I've come clean. I returned to the scene of the crime later that day, prayed that the sensor wouldn't go off on my way in and paid for the deoderant. I felt that it wasn't important to actually go to customer service and "come clean" as it were. Instead, I just went to the register and bought it without telling my dirty tale. I decided that that would be the best thing to do. I figured if I actually told one of the employees what I had done, they would have laughed at me for actually returning the deoderant after the fact.
So the moral of the story is never put merchandise in your pocket at the store, not only do you look suspicious, but worse you might actually forget to pay for it and become a criminal unwittingly.
No comments:
Post a Comment