Annie napped a little longer than usual, so Ellie and I made the frosting while she was sleeping - this was my attempt to make up for making the cookies while she was at preschool. Finally, Annie was awake and we all frosted and decorated the cookies. The girls had a wonderful time with this and we all enjoyed the fruits of our labors, especially Daddy. I love this sugar cookie recipe, that is the recipe I grew up on. It is the best sugar cookie recipe I've ever had.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Halloween Sugar Cookies
Yesterday, the girls and I made sugar cookies to continue our celebration of Halloween. I made the dough the day before because it needs to refrigerate overnight. Then while Ellie was at preschool, Annie and I cut out and baked the cookies. When I told Ellie that we had baked the cookies, she was sad that she missed it. She said, "I don't want to go to preschool anymore, it is boring." Clearly that is not true. She loves her preschool. But I am going to have to be careful when I tell her what Annie and I do while she is there.
Annie napped a little longer than usual, so Ellie and I made the frosting while she was sleeping - this was my attempt to make up for making the cookies while she was at preschool. Finally, Annie was awake and we all frosted and decorated the cookies. The girls had a wonderful time with this and we all enjoyed the fruits of our labors, especially Daddy. I love this sugar cookie recipe, that is the recipe I grew up on. It is the best sugar cookie recipe I've ever had.

ghosts, pumpkins, moons, bats, and cats
Annie napped a little longer than usual, so Ellie and I made the frosting while she was sleeping - this was my attempt to make up for making the cookies while she was at preschool. Finally, Annie was awake and we all frosted and decorated the cookies. The girls had a wonderful time with this and we all enjoyed the fruits of our labors, especially Daddy. I love this sugar cookie recipe, that is the recipe I grew up on. It is the best sugar cookie recipe I've ever had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember those cookies. They are the best. It's true.
Post a Comment