Monday, October 05, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge

We took a quick weekend trip to Great Wolf Lodge last week. It is a big hotel that has a huge waterpark. Once you check in you can spend the rest of the time at the waterpark and the next day when you check out, you can stay as long as you like at the waterpark again. Seeing as how Ellie and Annie LOVE to swim, this was a big winner for them. It's kinda pricey so we were glad that we had enough points on our credit card rewards to cover the cost of the room.

I don't have any pictures of the actual waterpark, we didn't want to take the camera near the water. But just know that Ellie and Annie were in heaven. The day we checked out, Matt and I were ready to go by noon, but Ellie and Annie weren't having that. Instead, we finally dragged them away at 5pm! It was crazy. There was a great pool for toddlers with slides and fountains and splash buckets. We spent an insane amount of time with one of us at the top of the slides making sure the girls were getting on all right and one of us at the bottom to catch them when they came down. There was a lazy river (my favorite), a wave pool, a bigger pool with basketball hoops and a massive splash structure that you climbed up and sprayed water on the ground and any people underneath. I had a relapse to being 12 years old when I admit I purposely soaked a few unaware passersby and got them pretty wet. Of course, I hid as soon as I saw that I had drenched them. Why, oh why is that fun? How embarrassing to even admit to this nefarious deed. Listen, they are at a waterpark, they are supposed to get WET!

The hotel has a big lodge theme. Our room was called a kid cabin and it had a little "cabin" inside the room where there was a separate walled space with a bunk bed and room for a pack n play for the girls. Ellie LOVED the bunk bed! She kept wanting to leave the waterpark so she could go sleep in her special bed. It was pretty cute. They also had a magic show and reading time at night.

No doubt, we had a wonderful time and will probably go there again when we have enough reward points. Here are some fun pictures.

The girls and Matt before the magic show
Ellie and Annie checking out the bottom bunk of the bed
The girls with Wiley (their mascot) after reading time in their pjs
And the girls on the top bunk with Daddy while they watched TV. (The little cabin had it's very own tv. Oh boy!)



3 comments:

MBusse said...

How neat! Is this close to Williamsburg?

Becca said...

How fun! We've often thought about going because it's so close, but just haven't done it. So glad you guys had fun!

Shelly said...

Yes, it's right in Williamsburg, well the first exit coming from the north.