Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Only 28 weeks

I have been a slacker when it comes to blogging. I used to be much more reliable and I don't know why I've fallen off the writing train. Most of the time, I sit down to write something and feel like there's nothing new to write about. But other times, when I am away from the computer I think of things to write, but forget about them later. Oh well.

We are having a good fall. Ellie has really enjoyed preschool. It is so fun to take her. I just love hearing about all of the things she does there. I wish she would give me more information - she often will say "it's a surprise" or "I don't remember" I don't know why. But maybe that's because I am begging for a play by play and she feels that she's already given me good information. Who knows.

Annie is getting better at dropping off Ellie, and at Ellie's swim class. She doesn't fuss as much when we do those things. However, she has been fussy a lot lately and I'm not sure what is triggering the tantrums or if she's just being a regular almost 2-year-old. (We were so spoiled with Ellie.) I do have Annie in a little co-op preschool with 6 other children. They meet once a week for 2 hours and moms take turns teaching the class. Annie really seems to enjoy it. And I think she likes the fact that she has preschool just like Ellie. It's my turn to teach this week, so hopefully it will go over well. We are talking about harvesting, the letter D, the color green, the number 4 and the shape rectangle. Should be fun.

As for baby 3, well, I just wish I was more pregnant. Maybe I've said this before, but I really believe my thinking is screwed up. Having the rest of my babies in early November has definitely challenged my mentality. I just feel behind in the pregnancy. I should be 3 weeks away from my due date, instead of the 11.5 weeks that I still have to get through. 3 of the last 5 Octobers, I've been pregnant. 3 of the last 5 Halloweens, I've had to get creative with a costume that accommodates a large stomach. And 2 of the last 5 Novembers have resulted in a new baby in the house. Not this one. Instead we are probably not getting this baby until the first week of January. How depressing. I can't even mentally get into 2010 yet. (I'm one of those people that write the previous year on my checks well into February or March.)

And I'm still huge. You know it's bad when someone asks you when you are due and you tell them January and they give you this look of surprise, like "wow, you've still got a long way to go and you look like you could go in two weeks." Thanks, folks. No, no one has actually said that, but I know they're thinking it!

So I plug along. I'm in the third trimester at least, so at least I don't have to feel too bad about having a tough time bending down and reaching my feet. I still fit my wedding ring which is a record for me. (Although I haven't tried to take it off, so maybe it's just stuck there, who knows?) I'm still making it to the gym 3X a week. It amazes me that I can spend 30 minutes on the elliptical machine with no problem, but every time I climb the two flights of stairs in my house I am totally winded. What is that about?

And I passed my glucose test (or at least I think I did, I took it nearly two weeks ago and they haven't called me to tell me that I didn't pass it, so I'm assuming I passed). Which is great news since I did have gestational diabetes with Ellie but not Annie. I so didn't want to go through Thanksgiving and Christmas being banned from having any kind of sugar or carbohydrates. So that is definitely a blessing.

So really life is very good. I'm big and uncomfortable; but I am healthy and the baby seems to be fine. Ellie and Annie are sweet and wonderful. And while Matt's work has gotten much more busy, as we suspected it would, he is getting in the hours he needs to meet his yearly hour requirements and that will be good when it comes to taking paternity leave later. And that, dear reader, if my life right now. With hopes of being a better blogger, I am signing off.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You are so funny about being huge. I felt like that last week before we had the news we were having the baby. I had Andy at 34 weeks. This time I had already surpassed the weight I'd gained with Nicky and she was full term. I couldn't imagine getting any bigger. Now I feel guilty for thinking that way. It's all for a good cause but it is very awful to get so big. I'm glad you're writing on your blog again.

Mikelle said...

It's fun to read about life at the Astle's. If it helps any, people REALLY did start asking me if I was due in July. Spencer was born Sept. 16th. I could write a book about all the comments I got about being so big...good times and good luck!