Sunday, January 17, 2010

Doing Great

This past week, Leah and I both had our two week check up appointments and passed with flying colors.

Leah is wonderful. She has regained all of the weight she lost after she was born (which was only 6 oz) and has gained a bunch more. She is now 9 lbs 8oz - nearly a pound more than her birth weight 8lb 10oz. She is still eating and sleeping great. Her umbilical cord is off and clean. She's a picture of health. We are so blessed.

My incision is healing very nicely. Still no problems which I am so grateful for. As long as nothing opens up, I don't have to come in for another 4 weeks. My blood pressure (which elevated with the delivery) is under control with medication and the doctor believes I will be able to wean off of it after my next appointment as long as it stays low. We couldn't ask for a better report.

I am hoping to get out a little more this week. I have only left the house four times since the birth (2 dr's appts, a quick dinner out, and a trip to Walmart). The trip to Walmart was about as much walking as I could handle and that was yesterday. But I think I will try some small things, just to get my body used to moving again. (I've been so sedentary).

Matt has done lots of projects around the house. It's been so nice. He's been deep cleaning rooms, closets, fixing things. A lot of things have been pushed to the wayside lately (with the pregnancy and all), so it's been nice to have some things get done.

The girls are doing great. Ellie is such a wonderful helper. I don't know how I got such a willing and sensitive child. Today when we were getting the girls ready for bed, I verbally realized that Leah had a stinky diaper. I figured we would just change it after we finished putting Annie and Ellie to bed. But Ellie jumped right up, disappeared, and returned with a clean diaper and a wipe so I could change the diaper right away. She does things like this all of the time. She doesn't seem to tire of retrieving diapers, binkies, wipes, bottles, whatever I need. She is a dream of a helper.

Not to be outdone, Annie does her best to help too, though she isn't as adept as Ellie. Annie does give the best hugs and kisses to Leah and repeats over and over "She's so sweet! She so sweet!"

We've been sort of lax on taking pictures, so I don't have any new ones to post. But I promise to take more and post them soon.

2 comments:

M said...

YAY! I'm glad you and baby Leah are doing well and that the big sisters are so sweet and helpful. I've been thinking about you lots. Hope you continue to heal and get out of the house a little more this week (the relatively warmer temps are a better motivation than a high of 27!!).

JoJo said...

So glad to hear everything is going well! Thanks for your sweet thank you note... it made my Sunday. I am grateful to you and your family and all you have done for US. You are an awesome and exemplary friend... and I am glad you are taking it easy!!!

Let me know if the girls want a random play date with my boys.

Oh and not to harp on you but my advice: TAKE IT EASY as long as you can! C-Sections are brutal (you know this!)... so don't pressure yourself to go faster than you have strength. :)