Monday, January 11, 2010

No Complaints

I'm afraid my blog has become my complaint site. So I vow this post will be solely positive. Here are some of the great things going on right now.

Matt is home!!! He's got a really long paternity leave and we are just loving having him here. And as I've mentioned he is taking very, very good care of me. I just love him so much.

Ellie and Annie adore their new baby Leah. Ellie wants to hold Leah all of the time and Annie kisses her constantly. Both of them are at times a little more into their sister than I would prefer (to the point of smothering her), but can you help it? Leah is wonderful.

And that's true. Leah is wonderful. She is sleeping sometimes 4-5 hours at a time and is hardly ever fussy. She even puts up with all of the sisterly love she's been getting.

As for me, well my ankles aren't as swollen anymore. In fact, I think I've lost most of the water retention I had towards the end of the pregnancy. I'm walking better and I can sleep on my side again. So far, my incision looks good - no opening.

And we have been overwhelmed by the great generosity of so many of our friends and neighbors. We have had several meals brought over (and offers of meals that we have postponed), playdate invites for the girls, and kind emails and calls. We feel so very loved and cared for.

So while not everything is perfect (still really sore and beat up), I need to count my very, very many blessings and these are just a few.

Here's a cute pic of our newest little angel.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So precious!!! I retained water so bad this last time that I only lost five pounds when I came home from the hospital. I felt terrible and I looked fat and horrible. Luckily it came off but the swooshing when I walked from all the water in my feet was awful. The babies are so worth it. Sounds like you got an easy one. They are so nice.

Sabrina said...

We'll be by soon - I know I am a terrible friend but I will work on being better! So glad all is well and congratulations!