That's what Annie says all the time about Leah. Some other frequent phrases about Leah are "I love her so much!" and "big kiss!" (followed by a big kiss, of course. We can't get enough of how cute Annie is when it comes to expressing adoration for her little sister.
Leah isn't the only one that is so sweet. There is other great news too when it comes to Annie. Tonight out of nowhere, Annie announced that she wanted to go potty on the toilet. She did this once before a few weeks ago. I let her sit on the potty back then but nothing happened, so I naturally assumed the same thing would happen again tonight. But wouldn't you know it, that little sweetie went potty on the toilet! So of course, we praised her with hugs and kisses and gave a junior mint as a reward. Maybe she'll want to keep it up. I'm not too anxious to potty train her. I figure when she wants to do it, she'll do it - but I'm all about rewarding good behavior. Ellie LOVED getting skittles when she started going potty on the toilet, maybe that will be the key for Annie too. We'll have to see. Still, I'm not bringing it up, Annie will have to be the one to instigate each sitting.
So yes Leah is sweet. But she's not sleeping as wonderfully as she was early on. She is getting up every three hours to eat, which is typical newborn stuff, but it's a bummer because she was going for 4-5 hours stretches at first. Oh well. I guess the honeymoon is over. She's still a very, very content baby even if she is waking up more often. She's not fussy or keeping us up for long periods of time. We're still gonna keep her.
And sweet Ellie is learning how to do the twist at preschool. During bath time yesterday she randomly broke out into "Come on baby, let's do the twist!" We've never exposed her to that song, so we asked her about it. Sure enough she learned to twist during gym time at preschool. I love it. She gave us a demonstration and she looked so cute. Nice hip action too!
1 comment:
I love reading sweet blogs such as this - the love in your family is beautiful! Looking forward to hearing about Leah's growth into the family just as we have "watched" Annie and Ellie via the blog!
Please get Ellie on video if you would doing the twist, I would love to see that!
xo,
C
Post a Comment