Thursday, March 11, 2010

32nd Birthday

So among all of the visitors, the blessing, the snow, and everything else I had my birthday. 32. I didn't know what to think about this birthday and I don't really know what to think about it now. It seems so boring. 32. Not old. Not young. Just 32.

And just as the age doesn't seem very exciting, neither was the celebration. Other things took precedence. We were preoccupied all morning with getting ready for Leah's blessing and church. As soon as we took pictures, I ran to primary. I did walk in just as they were about to sing Happy Birthday to the children who had birthdays that week, so at least the primary sang to me, which was really sweet.

Then church was crazy in primary, as it always is when you have 50 some kids ages 3-11 bouncing off the walls for two hours. Then we threw together lunch for my cousin and her family and my parents. My cousin Becca saved the day by volunteering to take my dad to the airport on their way back to Maryland.

By 2pm, I was exhausted and gratefully accepted the chance to take a nap. That was probably the best part of the day. We capped it off with one of my favorite dinners (ham, cheesy potatoes, rolls) and brownies with ice cream. Why would anyone want cake, when you can have brownies?

If I was lackadaisical over my birthday, Ellie and Annie were exactly the opposite. They talked about it all month. Annie kept reminding us that we should have party hats and candles. "Mama's birthday, hats and candles!" Hilarious. They couldn't wait to put the candles on the brownies, as is evident from the pictures below.

So we had brownies and ice cream. The girls gave me coupons that I can turn for little deeds like a "hug and big kiss" and "going to sleep without complaining." They also gave me a coupon for a pedicure, complete with outlines of their own feet drawn on paper. And Matt gave me money to spend any way I want. I still don't know what I'm going to buy.
And that was my birthday. I even blew out all of the candles with one try. Not bad for 32, eh?

4 comments:

Mikelle said...

Happy 32....maybe 32 is just a calm year, that sounds good to me!

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

Sounds perfect to me. I had lemon merguine pie for my birthday (last week). I usually do not request cake. :)

Happy Belated!

Sabrina said...

Well, when it is my cake...

M said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Jill's Lounge! I'm not a cake person either and would much rather have brownies any day. All the best wished for a fabulous 32nd year. xoxo