Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Leah's blessing

Leah was blessed on my birthday. We had planned to bless her a couple of weeks earlier, but church was cancelled because of the snow. Sadly, that meant that Matt's parents missed the blessing, as that was the original plan. Fortunately, church was up and running while my parents were here, so they attended the blessing.

My mother made Leah's dress. It is absolutely beautiful. She has made each of the girls' blessing dresses. Ellie's dress was the one that I wore as a baby and the other two were made just for Annie and Leah. I love each of them so much.

Many special people were in attendance including our good friends the Chavezes, the Campbells, my cousin, Becca, and her family and of course, my parents. (You may notice that Ellie looks depressed. She was bawling because she was missing the first part of primary. I didn't tell her that we were going to take the picture and she just cried and cried about not being able to go to primary. So sad. As soon as the picture was done, she bolted down the hall to the primary room.)
Cindy came too to represent the Shupe family, but she missed the group photo, so we snagged her later for a solo snapshot.
This was the best of many, many, many (I do mean many) attempts to take a family picture. One of these days, everyone will look at the camera at the same time with a nice smile.

1 comment:

maryanne said...

I had no idea Leah's blessing was on your birthday! What a wonderful birthday present. Leah's blessing was beautiful. Happy Belated Birthday Shelly! So sorry I missed it.