Thursday, June 05, 2008

Bye, Bye, Baby Weight

This is actually old news, but I reached my prepregnancy weight a month ago (early May)!!! I am really excited and proud of myself. As any mother will tell you, it's a daunting to think that you have gained such a huge amount of weight and now it has to come off. With both of my pregnancies I gained 40lbs. That's a ton of weight! (well, not literally). But still. And for me, it doesn't just come off easily, maybe the first 15lbs, but that's it. After that, it's all sweat equity.

Probably the reason I haven't mentioned the weight loss is that while I have lost the weight I gained during my pregnancy, you wouldn't know it if you looked at my stomach. I swear I still look two months pregnant.* Somehow, the weight has been distributed differently. It's the most depressing thing. I don't know where I had extra weight to lose (my knees?) but I lost it somewhere else and NOT my stomach and sides.

I still plan to lose an additional 15lbs so hopefully if I do that, I can slim down my stomach more. But I have a feeling I will always have a little pouch and that is depressing. But what do you do? Still, this is a celebration post. So I will stop focusing on why my weight loss is not perfect and recognize my achievement so far. Here's to dropping the baby weight in 6 months! Yea, I did it.


*I read a quote from Jennifer Garner saying that she looks like she's two months pregnant even two years after having her little girl because she's just being lazy. It made me feel better to know that even she has trouble with the mummy tummy.

2 comments:

Dianah said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you and jealous of you! I didn't gain much from Aaron, but what I did gain, I didn't loose, and now I'm just adding it on! Thankfully, I'm 19 weeks and only gained 4lbs. Just wait right, it will all hit me at once. Dianah

Melissa said...

I hear you on this one. I am pretty close to my pre-pregnancy weight but I don't look the same in the middle. I guess that is why tummy tucks are so popular. I read somewhere once that we should be grateful to our bodies for giving us the gift of a baby and not complain about how they look afterwards. It just doesn't seem fair though. I see girls all the time that have had babies and they don't have the pouch. Oh well! Great job on losing all that weight.