I have a dream. In that dream, I have no outstanding tasks to be done. I don't know if I will ever get to that point in this life. But wouldn't it be wonderful if I could? It just seems on a daily basis I have something I need to follow up on, something that needs to be done. My to do list is never ending. And I'm not just talking about cleaning my house. Right now, I am preoccupied with making an insurance appeal for Annie's hearing screening that was performed more than 7 months ago. I can't believe I'm still fighting insurance on this. I'm also beginning the fight with my dental insurance on some work I need done. When does it end?!?!?
This, on top of the rest of stuff that keeps life busy - calling the pest control guy (we found a dead cockroach the other day), buying birthday & Father's day presents, doing laundry, cleaning. Oh, and just living.
Do you ever have days when you just wish you really had nothing to do? I mean when there is nothing in the back of your mind that needs to be taken care of? I feel like I can never get up to speed, let alone ahead. It's so frustrating! As soon as one thing is resolved or finished, another four things get put on my plate. Ridiculous. Oh well, such is life. Someday though, I want my dream - everything done, everything completed, everything resolved. A girl can dream, can't she?
5 comments:
I totally agree. I even have recurring anxious thoughts about never being able to get to a point that I could go on a vacation and not worry about a single thing while I'm gone. Can I never go to the Carribean and sit on the beach without a care in the world?
I will always have something left undone and things I want to do pushed further down the pike for things that "need" to be done.
For me, personally, I attribute this to poor time management. I don't think you share that weakness, though, Shel.
I have the same exact dream daily! Funny it never seems to come true. I am always trying to make it so, but nope! Such is life, I guess. I like the new pics on the blog!-Julie
I just barely finished up with the insurance battles for Gavin, I am with you on that one!! And for the record, I'm reading and commenting on your blog instead of following up on "tasks" I need to do too!
I think the alternative is to shut down and stop caring. I was so sick last month (morning sickness) that I did just that. There were many things that could have been done, but I couldn't do any of them, so I just shut down and turned on cartoons for the kids all day. I'm feeling better now, and I can tell you I much prefer having a task list with things on it that I can actually accomplish (even if I can't get to them all!).
Yeah, I daily dream of having a housekeeper, a cook and a Mother's helper. What would I do with myself if I had all that time, hmm, definitely the spa, read, and of course play with the kids way more! To another day of dreaming!
Post a Comment