Friday, June 27, 2008

Thoughts of Busch

It would take too long to do a long retelling of our Busch trip. So here are the highlights.

Going with friends was the best way to go to an amusement park. We actually got to ride the roller coasters. I love roller coasters. Some of my favorite memories growing up involves riding on tons of big roller coasters at Cedar Point, Kings Island and Six Flags. Unfortunately, the past two times I've been to an amusement park, I've been pregnant so I've had to pass on the run rides. Until this trip, it had been 9 years since I had been on a roller coaster. Way too long! In fact, my last roller coaster ride was at the very same Busch Gardens in Williamsburg the summer of '99. So I was in heaven going on all of the fun rides. Thank goodness the park has a child swap program which meant that we didn't have to wait in line twice to watch the kids.

Ellie liked all of the rides, but you wouldn't know it from the pictures. She is always so stoic. Her face is just full of concentration and seriousness. You really wonder if she's having fun. But as soon as she would get off a ride she would want to ride it again and say how much she liked it. It was really funny. What Ellie really liked was trying on all of the hats at the various gift shops, and dancing the chicken dance at lunch in the German themed restaurant.

Poor Annie was just along for the ride. I always feel bad for babies because they really don't have much of a say as to what they do and where they go. She was pretty pleasant for the most part, but there were certainly times when she was wiped out and let us know!

Here's the whole family in front of my favorite roller coaster of the park.

A few Annie pictures, I love her facial expression on the one with Ellie in the plane in the background.


Ellie, with her game face on some rides

Ellie doing the chicken dance
Finally, a few hat pictures


2 comments:

Joni said...

Looks and sounds fun! I loved going to Busch Gardens when we lived in Florida, but that was African Safari themed and I would love to go to the European park. I hear you on being pregnant and going to amusement parks. I guess that's one of the sacrifices of being a mom.

Natalie C. said...

That did look fun. I'm glad you guys had fun.