So I am going in backwards order when it comes to our trip because we stored our pictures on Matt's computer and I don't have it with me, blah, blah, blah. But I do have the pictures still on the camera.
Our last day of vacation was spent in Water Country USA, which is the water park affiliated with Busch Gardens. I don't know why, but I always seem to think that water parks have to be in either California or Florida - like they have to be in some beachy destination. The whole day I felt like I was in California and I had to keep reminding myself that I was not.
This day was actually the best day for Ellie and by far her funnest. She is such a water sprite. She loves being in the water and getting wet. Even when she was really little, she was like that. Her favorite experience was the (not so lazy) lazy river. It's a winding river, about 3 feet deep and everyone wears life jackets and the current pushes you along. The first couple of times around she held either Matt or my hand, but on the third time Matt gave her the chance to let go for a moment, and she LOVED it. I didn't get to see it, but reportedly there has rarely been such jubilation exuding from her face. We went maybe three or four times more and she kept asking to do it by herself. It was so fun. By far the best thing of the entire vacation. Now I'm going to have to scour the DC for water parks that have lazy rivers.
Anyway, we pooped the girls out by 5pm, just as the rides shut down due to a storm warning. So we grabbed a bite to eat and made a stop at my favorite Williamsburg ice cream store, Sno-to-Go for a stuffed sno cone. At 8pm, we began the two hour plus drive home. I was afraid both girls would be up the whole drive back, but within five minutes they were both fast asleep. Thank goodness!
3 comments:
can you believe it took ryan over an hour to fall back asleep? at least he was good.
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/watermine/
she would love this one
Thanks, Andrea. You know everything!
Post a Comment