Monday, June 30, 2008

I am an Idiot!!

It was the party of the year. A groovy disco party celebrating the 30th birthday of our dear friend, Sabrina. We had known about it for MONTHS! It was on the calendar forever. As requested by the birthday girl, we had our disco outfits all ready. We bought her a wonderful gift, we knew she'd love. We got a babysitter to watch the girls so we wouldn't worry about going home early or anything like that.

We headed to trendy Georgetown, the location of the party. But all we found was an empty, dark venue. Where was the party? We called other attendees, but only got voicemail. What happened? Did they change the venue? We hung around a little while longer, hoping someone else would show up - but there were no disco dressed folks around. Finally, fellow party attendee, Bryan, returned our call. He said we were at the right place, but the WRONG DAY! The party was yesterday! Not Saturday night, but FRIDAY night!!!! WE ARE FOOLS!

We would have stayed in Georgetown and eaten dinner, but we looked like this...


So we went home, changed clothes, and went out to Pizzeria Uno's and drowned our sorrows in greasy, fattening food including onion rings, wings, mozzarella sticks, fries, chicken tenders and a super duper giant chocolate peanut butter cup dessert. Pathetic.

Sabrina, can you ever forgive us?

5 comments:

Becca said...

Cute outfits! I love the coodinating shirt and purse, Shelly! So funny about the wrong day. I would have been so mad at myself but you guys took it all in stride!

Sabrina said...

Of course I can forgive you - already done! I really wish you had been there but you will be there for the 40th even if I have to send a car for you! :) Love you guys, we'll have dinner and have our own party! Love ya!

Natalie C. said...

Sounds totally like something I would do!

Melissa said...

That is hilarious. I do the same thing with visiting teaching. Love the outfits.

The Tones of the Zarcone's said...

Oh no! I was asking about you guys to Jill and Jeff and they also said they thought you were coming!

We missed you!

xoxo,
C