I wonder if the cashier at Old Navy thought I was crazy. Did she even notice that I bought seven (count them seven) khaki shorts/capris? That's right. I bought !seven! different pairs of bottoms - each of them a little different from the other in style, color (dark/light), and length - but all of them khaki. I spent more than $160. What's worse is that I didn't realize until later that I actually bought TWO of the same pair of khaki capris.
Why? How did it happen? I will tell you. I am desperate for new summer clothes. I have only four pairs of shorts/capris and of those four - two have holes that cannot be fixed and one has a spaghetti stain that may never come out. I discovered the holes and created the stain within the past week. So in desperation I went to Old Navy with my two girls in tow. WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY? Why did I ever think that I would actually be able to shop for clothing with my girls? I don't know.
It was just too much. Ellie wanted to race around the store and was very vocal in her displeasure of me making her stay in the stroller. Annie did fine until I was trying on my fifth pair of khaki shorts in the dressing room (I only made one trip) and then she decided she was sad too. With Annie crying and Ellie whining. I finally decided I was just going to have to approach this a different way...
I bought everything. And then I went home and actually tried on everything and decided on two items and will now return everything else. I just have to go at a different time of day so I don't have the same cashier. Because I know she'll see how completely pathetic I am. This is why I usually shop for clothes at night by myself, when the girls are asleep. My goodness!
4 comments:
I actually did the same thing a few weeks ago. Eleana was cranky and I was losing steam to try on clothing. I picked out four different pairs of shorts - all different shades and in two different sizes without trying them on, figuring I would do it later at home.
So of course what happened: one size are slightly tight and the two pairs in the size up are slightly too big. I still haven't decided whether I want to keep them or not!
Sometimes, you just do what you have to do if it makes life easier!
I totally shop like this. It is really sad.
i have done a lot of shopping online since i've had kids. i take my time, buy multiple sizes and styles, spend enough to get free shipping, and take back whatever i don't want to the store. it saves the initial "buy" trip even if you do have to go back to return. The important thing is, you ended up with something you like!!
Yep, I've done it, too! And I really know that the kids were pretty crazy to necessitate 2 trips to the store (1 to buy & 1 to return the extra stuff,) but at least they're QUICK trips to the store!
Post a Comment