Ok, I'm not completely miserable but I have plenty to complain about. Mostly it's discomfort. I'm a huge, waddling penguin who can barely bend down without making my back ache like crazy. I am winded when I exert any sort of energy - breathing heavily has become the norm.
I am having major issues with acid reflux that is preventing my sleep. Last night I slept four hours in our lazy boy chair so I could make sure my head and shoulders were elevated.
When I do sleep in our bed, I sleep alone because despite the breathing strips I've been using, my pregnancy snoring has prevailed. For the past three nights, Matt has slept on the air mattress in the baby's new room that his mother used last week when she visited.
My face, hands, ankles are all swollen beyond recognition. I've surpassed the weight I gained with Annie by 10 lbs already. The doctor is sure that this baby's weight will either rival Annie's 9 lb 4 oz beginning or exceed it.
And though I have been having what I think are little contractions from time to time (but who knows maybe I'm just wishful thinking), I had my first internal exam on Monday and my cervix is closed shut, nice and tight. Nothing's coming out there anytime soon. I was so hoping for just a little effacement or dilation. Instead, as with the other two, this little girl seems quite content to hang out in my uterus for as long as possible. What's a girl gotta do?
So while my countdown of 14 days may seem really close, when considering my physical condition, I find myself just wishing I could have the baby today instead. Who cares that I still have a 6 year anniversary to celebrate, not to mention Christmas. This entire pregnancy seems to be just plodding by as slowly as possible, one long, tedious day after another. Sucks.
3 comments:
Shelly, I am sorry. I hate the last two weeks. Ask your MD if you can take something for the reflux, besides Tums. My reflux was horrible but Prilosec made everything better. Hopefully the next few weeks will speed by.
I despise the last couple weeks of pregnancy. When the baby is so close to coming, it gets hard to think about anything else. My third was late. She's almost three now, so I've forgiven her, but it was so miserable. Hang in there! Think happy thoughts!
I know you are scheduled for a c-section, but I went in with Eleana for an exam (as I thought I was "leaking") and I was also told I had made no progression. I went into the labor the next day! So you never know with your body!
I will say a little prayer for you - the end is in near! Try and enjoy the holidays as much as possible!
Post a Comment