Sunday, May 09, 2010

Burning the Midnight Oil

Right now I am up late while I scan several old photos for my sister to put into a slideshow she is preparing for a family reunion this summer. I have to do this now because Matt has been really busy at work lately.

Fortunately he is able to do work from home, so he usually comes home and spends a little bit of time with the girls before they go to bed, then he parks himself in front of the computer and works until late, late into the night. I really appreciate this because it means he is home to help me with bedtime and the end of the day with the girls, and if I need to go somewhere at night, I can do it while he is home and the girls are asleep.

The only bad part is that I can't use the computer. Which accounts for my pathetic posting (or lack thereof) this past week. I really don't like to use the computer much during the day because I want to be focused on the girls. So blogging and even email just fall to the wayside when I can't use the computer after they go to bed.

But since Matt is not working tonight (yea for keeping the Sabbath day holy) and actually went to bed shortly after the girls did (very needed considering the hours he's kept lately), I have some time to clean out my email, blog a little, and scan the aforementioned photos.

It has been a lot of fun to look at these photos. Wow, did I look different before. And not in a good way for the most part. Matt says it's good that I didn't peak at age 15 and just go downhill. I think he's just trying to be nice.

Here's a few fun pictures I just scanned. I'm thinking it shows a lot of guts to even let you see some of these. Enjoy!


Ok, I think I'm particularly cute in this one. I'm probably about 5 years old.

Probably 9 or so.
A really bad bang period. My hair never really fully recovered from this horrible perm. Senior year, a little better. College graduation, better still, even with bangs. Sadly even ten years later, I still have this dress. I wore it to church today actually. Man, I need a new wardrobe.

2 comments:

Mikelle said...

Loved the pictures....that was fun!

M said...

I love the one with the big perm! I have a couple photos with similar hairdos too. Ahh, the '80s....