I have been very focused this time around on losing my pregnancy weight. It has been a major priority for me and I am proud to say that I am making progress, though not as quickly as I would like. I started in earnest in the beginning of March when my weight had settled and after I got the green light from my doctor to exercise and resume my normal activities.
My regimen, and it really is pretty much a regimen, includes going to the gym at least four times a week - doing cardio and weightlifting during each visit. (Lately, I've been going daily). And a diet, which is mostly focused on portion control on regular meals and diet bars. I have been surprised that I am not hungry for as little food as I am eating. It makes me think that most of the food I would normally eat is excessive and not necessary to fuel my body. Something that has been somewhat of an eye opener. I think if we really bothered to understand what real portion sizes should be, we'd all be a little smaller. I've also tried hard to work in a lot of walking with the girls, trips to parks, etc. And I'm taking long walks after the girls are in bed and Matt is working at home.
The good news is that I have lost 15 lbs since March 1st. The bummer is that I still have 20 lbs I would like to lose and I still do not fit into most of my prepregnancy clothes, at least when it comes to pants and shorts - darn the mummy tummy.
But I am making progress, slowly but surely. It's gonna come, though I don't think my decision to have pizza and brownies for dinner last night really helped. But you gotta live a little. And I am back on the saddle today. One day at a time. I'm hoping by the time I head to the beach in August, I'll be right where I want to be.
1 comment:
Way to go!!
Post a Comment