Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cherry Blossoms

We also made the yearly trip into the District to see the famous cherry blossoms. Unfortunately, we completely missed the peak blooming time (it was while we were in Williamsburg). But we did get to enjoy a lovely couple of hours by the Tidal Basin with a picnic lunch. We were lucky to have Matt's brother and his family with us at the same time. Not only was it fun for the girls to have cousins around, but we also had a photographer on hand.

Here's the girls eating their lunch.

I didn't get to run around the Basin in the early morning this year, like I usually do. But I did get this shot with no people in it (well except for the paddle boat). There's always next year.
Leah with the blossoms.
Annie looks so great with that hat.
Poor Ellie is having such a hard time learning how to smile right for pictures.
Cute sisters.

The big girls with their cousin, Loretta.
Here's the best family photo we have of the day.

No comments: