Ellie and Annie are so completely obsessed with Disney's Beauty and the Beast right now. It just cracks me up. As you may recall, Matt introduced the girls to his all-time favorite Disney movie during his paternity leave, and they fell head over heels in love with it. We listen to the Broadway version of the play on my ipod quite often, but I think I've let them actually watch the movie all the way through only 6 or 7 times. Still they have the whole thing practically memorized.
The other day, I left the girls with a friend. When I came back she told me that Ellie had given her the play by play of Beauty and the Beast for her. She and Annie are constantly singing the songs and reciting the dialogue. It is so funny to hear little voices sing "I want much more than this provincial liiiiiiiife!" and "Me? the wife of that boorish, brainless..."
Last week, I went to get Annie from her nap. I usually stand outside the door and listen for any noise before I go in to make sure she is awake. So there I was standing outside the door and I hear Annie say "Take me instead." You know, that's what Belle says to the Beast when she asks him to let her father go free. Yes, that's right. While Annie was waiting for me to get her from her nap, she was reciting Beauty and the Beast dialogue. Hilarious.
As you might imagine, we also all have parts we are assigned. Both Ellie and Annie are Belle. Daddy is the Beast. I have been assigned the role of Mrs. Potts and Leah is Chip (the little teacup). Sometimes I get to be Gaston too, which I like as I think he is the character that has the most fun.
Who knows when this little obsession will fade. But I tell you, it's a fun one to have. I'm a little surprised that even though I hear and sing the same songs over and over, I'm not sick of them yet. Menken and Ashton really created some fabulous music.
So if you see my little ones randomly break into song, you'll know they're just performing their favorite Princess movie.
1 comment:
I love it!! It must be so adorable and hilarious to hear them reciting and acting out scenes from the movie. I hope you catch some of it on video to remind them (and you) of this cute phase when they're older.
Post a Comment