Ellie is not a particularly cuddly baby. She just likes to discover things and really doesn't enjoy sitting still. While she's very adept at giving kisses, she won't sit and rock with me while I hold her close very often without trying to squirm her way out of my arms. The only exception to this rule is when she is sick or tired. When she's exhausted or in pain she suddenly has no trouble holding still while I cuddle her close. Of course I don't want her to be sick, but I do find it a perk that when she is miserable and sad at least she lets me cuddle her.
She's had a bad bout of diarrhea over the last few days. While it's been extremely messy and gross to deal with, those five minutes I spent rocking her last night after she randomly started screaming 30 minutes after I had put her to sleep made it all worth while. She was so cuddly and sweet. I wanted to hold her forever. I love her so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment